R129 SL Headlight Glass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rockits

MB Enthusiast
Car
2005 E55K Estate; 2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE;2004 E500 Estate;2005 Alfa GT V6;306GTi-6;206 GTi 180
I'm going through all the little bits now that I'm not happy with on the SL readying it for sale spring/summer.

I've got a small chip in the drivers headlight glass and another in the left indicator. I've ordered a replacement indicator and have changed them before so all good there.

Never changed a headlight lens/glass. It is about 120 for the part and is for the Xenon headlight so good for my car that has Xenon's

Before I order it has anyone done a repair or used a repairer that can repair it as good as new? Or is it not possibly and a replacement lens would be better?

I'm going through all the little bits now that I'm not happy with on the SL readying it for sale spring/summer.

I've got a small chip in the drivers headlight glass and another in the left indicator. I've ordered a replacement indicator and have changed them before so all good there.

Never changed a headlight lens/glass. It is about 120 for the part and is for the Xenon headlight so good for my car that has Xenon's

Before I order it has anyone done a repair or used a repairer that can repair it as good as new? Or is it not possibly and a replacement lens would be better?

Hi there
New member - just purchased my R129 - and it has badly chipped headlight glass (both headlights) - I've looked everywhere on line and cant find new replacements - its an earlier car 1994. thanks for any help. simon

The information they're giving is conflicting. The part number they quote in the description (A1298201166) is listed in WIS against 129.067 chassis numbers, but it's also for the glass rather than a complete unit. The Magneti Marelli reference they've quoted concurs with this.

The rear housing in their pictures looks like it's for a car with ADS (no levelling in the unit), but the glass should be the same regardless.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom