R129 SL outdoors?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No leaks, but I probably spend a bit more time looking after things than if it was kept inside.
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of things do you regularly look after to keep things good?

Thanks

Wash, wax, inspect, brush hood, use, lube seals and generally make a pet from it. It'll need some bodywork attending to, I'll wait till spring.

I've had cars that lived in the garage, you end up having to find excuses to take them out!

I’ve had my SL320 as a daily driver for just over a year and it lives outside. Hardtop on during the Winter and soft top in Summer.
Mine had a new soft top fitted in 2013 by the previous owner, but I do notice a slight gap on the rear near side. It doesn’t let any water in so it’s not a major concern. The plastic glass is in decent condition.
The hardtop is a 2+ person job but the car is so much more refined with it on. I have no idea if my heated read screens works to be honest - it’s never actually cleared any ice/mist so I’m guessing it’s given up. The mechanic said there was power going to the connection but from that point onwards he wasn’t sure as he would’ve had to remove trim to check the cabling. I’m toying with the idea of buying a replacement cable and giving it a go myself in spring/summer when I take the roof off.
I have a replacement front wing to have fitted at some point, as the last owner had a repair job carried out, which hasn’t lasted and has bubbled up. Other than that, there’s no other rust issues and plenty of spares available out there.
in my opinion, now would be the best time to buy one, with less commuting for the time being, I’m not increasing the mileage too much, and I would imagine dealers wouldn’t want to hang on to bigger engined cars - so likely a deal could be had. I’ve seen one on Autotrader for £11k in Morden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom