R129 sl320 1996

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShinyF1

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 Audi S5 Cab, 2000 E320 CDI Estate [now gone] , 2010 Mini Cooper Convertible
Mine's a facelift P plate (like the one in the advert) ... roof switch is on the left.

interior_1.jpg

Spotted this too on ebay. What is the significance of this:

"The car has had a VIC/CatC check due to being stolen recovered and having had minor scuffs which were professionally rectified to an original appearance."

It suggests to me "don't touch" but I'm not sure. Can someone who does know help please.

Mercedes SL500 Convertible 2000 W reg | eBay

Thanks

Sean

You can put the roof switch which ever side you want once the wooden console has been removed. The electric mirror switch and roof switch are interchangeable. They clip off.

You can put the roof switch which ever side you want once the wooden console has been removed. The electric mirror switch and roof switch are interchangeable. They clip off.

However the car was built with the roof switch is on the left (handbook confirms this). So if it's on the right someone has been tinkering.

However the car was built with the roof switch is on the left (handbook confirms this). So if it's on the right someone has been tinkering.

LHD manuals show it on the right on earlier cars, and on the left for later facelift ones [when cost cutting started to bite?]

FWIW mine's on the left, same as Bill/BTB.
From a cost point of view it makes sense to have only one wooden "frame" and I would prefer to have the mirror switches closer to hand than the roof, e.g. to double check when parking.
Having read a few manuals I don't put much store on their accuracy, e.g. my Golf says something like "we are unable to provide the location of the fuses because the vehicle is under constant development, because because...You can get more information from your dealer

I would prefer to have the mirror switches closer to hand than the roof, e.g. to double check when parking.

R129 top tip - assuming you have memory seats, set memory 3 to be the same as memory 1 but with both mirrors angled down for parking :)

As I understand it early 129's have the roof switch on the right.

Spotted this too on ebay. What is the significance of this:

"The car has had a VIC/CatC check due to being stolen recovered and having had minor scuffs which were professionally rectified to an original appearance."

Hmmm....CAT C does not indicate just minor scuffs.....it suggests quite heavy impact. CAT D is for lesser damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom