R129 SL320 M104 Transmission cooling pipes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Malcomius

Car
SL320
My car has an advisory on its new MOT that i need to replace the metal pipe from the gearbox (722.6) banjo fitting moving forwards to the flexi pipe. Apparently MB in Germany don't have one and it will be a making order! Does anyone know if a pattern part is available? or maybe a flexi hose could be made up to go the whole distance to the cooler in one piece etc?

Hi, do you still require this pipe?. I have a spare one from a 1997 sl320 that I purchased second hand .. a new one from merc was listed at £311 !!!..
I needed the one that went from the radiator to the flexible connector, but ended up with the whole lot. I'd be willing to sell for a small sum and can post if necessary.

Reactions: 219
Hi, do you still require this pipe?. I have a spare one from a 1997 sl320 that I purchased second hand .. a new one from merc was listed at £311 !!!..
I needed the one that went from the radiator to the flexible connector, but ended up with the whole lot. I'd be willing to sell for a small sum and can post if necessary.
Hi Peppi, yes I am interested thank you, how much do you want for it? Any chance of a photo also please? [email protected] Regards Malcolm

That’s a shocking price for a length of pipe . Same with a lot of the pipes around the fuel pumps etc .

The ATF cooling pipes don’t hold any great pressure , so if there’s just a bit of rot , it’s perfectly fine to cut and put flexible pipe on
with hose clips : those were the instructions when I fitted a Kenlowe ATF cooler to my W123 before towing with it .

A hydraulic shop that makes hoses and pipe up for plant & machinery would make such things for a lot less than £311 .

I got put off by what MB wanted for brake pipes and just make my own now for a fraction of the cost, even after buying the flaring tool .

Have sent email with pics for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom