r129 sods law

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R129mine

Car
R129 SL500 from 96
Last year the car spend quite a bit of time at the body shop to have 2x new front wheel arches put on, bonnet and various body panels resprayed and it looked very nice again

Last week the alloys were refurbished and 4x new Michelin tyres were put on and all looked great (although antenna need

The only thing left on my todo list is to get the soft top windows replaced and I was thinking about having it done later in August when I am away.

plans and all that...

Last night I went for a drive with my son and when we got home we put the roof back on and he said, dad have a look at this

the rear window completely split about 1 inch from the stitching from left to right.

just booked it in at Soft tops in Coventry to have new windows fitted. will be nice to be able to view through the rear view windows :)

Attachments

• IMG_1034.jpg
    IMG_1034.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1032.jpg
    IMG_1032.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 25
Yup when they go it's quite sudden - mine did exactly the same. Will look good with the windows replaced :)

I found quite strange actually being able to see what was behind me with the soft top up when I first had it replaced having gone 11 months since buying the car with cloudy rear windows, I've adjusted to it now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom