R129 Sports Suspension - Options?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drivebyabuser

Car
MY2013 C207 250 CGI
I have a 2000 R129 SL500. I want to keep it as OEM as possible but it does sit a bit high (and wallow around in corners....they all do that sir) Did they do a proper sports suspension option. I have Seen R129's that look a little lower than mine I'm sure. I have a weepy front shock that will need changing so i thought it may be an opportune time. .

I have had a Porsche before and there was the option of the m030 dampers and springs that was an option when new. M-sport for BMW etc etc. Did merc do a sports option or would it just be the AMG "pack" Id love to use an official option rather than an after market. I have seen a couple of after market kits on ebay etc

If not - What are my options. I dont want to slam it to the ground i just want it to sit "right"

There was an option 783 chassis kit available at the time that came with the 18" split rims, but there's very little info on what it actually consisted of.

Most cars that look to be sitting a little lower will either be ADS-equipped with the ride height sensors tweaked, or running H&R/Eibach springs.

Last edited:
There was an option 783 chassis kit available at the time that came with the 18" split rims, but there's very little info on what it actually consisted of.

Most cars that look to be sitting a little lower will either be ADS-equipped with the ride height sensors tweaked, or running H&R/Eibach springs.
Thanks Doodle - Thats kind of what i thought. Has anyone used the Bilstein B12 Kit as that seems the most popular one about.

As an aside ADS also drops the car a bit above a certain speed (60?).

I used Eibach Springs with standard (new) shocks and the ride is very good whilst not being wallowy at all.

If you go for Bilstein B6 shocks (part of the B12 kit) you might find the ride too firm.

Attachments

• SL500_1322 copy.JPG
    SL500_1322 copy.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 20
I used Eibach Springs with standard (new) shocks and the ride is very good whilst not being wallowy at all.

If you go for Bilstein B6 shocks (part of the B12 kit) you might find the ride too firm.
Good call - thanks Jinbal - Perhaps a little lower than i was thinking but in the ball park

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom