r129 starter problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

056bob

Car
300SL 24
Not sure if this is right post I have an R129 which was running fine I disconected the battery and charged it while working on the roof (topping up hydraulic fluid) now the battery is fully charged all the lights come on but the car will not crank any ideas would be much appreciated

Stewart

You have the leads on the right battery post dont you ? Was the battery the only thing removed, then i would check it out again. On connecting the battery did you put the possitive lead on first followed by the negative lead last ?. Might be the alarm or you need to reset the computer. You may know all about these things , but i dont know if you do or not ,, so just put it to one side if you do know

Quite a simple circuit so easy to check, this is for a 94 so yours may be slightly different.
Ignition switch>lock out relay behind the centre console (X26 I think)> connector by the ECU> starter motor.

Start from the connector by the ECUs and then work backwards or forwards.

Last edited:
thank you both battery fitted is correctly something i have done before will check the circuits next

Stewart

I can't remember if this circuit is fused or not. But good practise to check all the fuses, not just visually, those bullet fuses are notorious for playing up!

Don't forget the fuse box in the boot, do you have an alarm/immobiliser? The other circuit that interferes with this is the gearbox neutral safety switch, try putting it into and out of gear a few times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom