R129 subframe bush replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Malcomius

Car
SL320
My recent MOT suggested I keep an eye on the bushes as they are a little soft, do you have to remove the subframe completely to replace them?

You can do it with the subframe just lowered if you have the correct, or at least suitable, tools to press out and then press in the bushes. If the bushes are that tired, unless the rest of the suspension has been refreshed, it may be sensible to go the whole hog and drop it completely and refresh everything.

You can do it with the subframe just lowered if you have the correct, or at least suitable, tools to press out and then press in the bushes. If the bushes are that tired, unless the rest of the suspension has been refreshed, it may be sensible to go the whole hog and drop it completely and refresh everything.
Thank you for your reply, it sounds like the best route is to take the subframe out as I would be working with the car on axle stands and don't fancy fighting some 24 year old bushes on my back! I've already replaced the control arms and dampers but removing the subframe would give me the chance to spruce that up properly also, cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom