R129 Sun visor plastic trim replacements

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm fairly sure they have posted on here about these items. They also do the overhead consoles.

Yes, they were posted here.....

Excellent, thanks for the info.

Ive contacted the seller on e-bay about how to confirm my colour code. Ive got beige leather (Mushroom I think?) and they seem to offer 2 similar shades to choose from !

Excellent, thanks for the info.

Ive contacted the seller on e-bay about how to confirm my colour code. Ive got beige leather (Mushroom I think?) and they seem to offer 2 similar shades to choose from !
Mine was Mushroom , the lightest colour , tan is just a bit darker .

I bought the original items for mine , something like £30 each , when I got the car seven years ago .

Your link has them at £49 each - a lot more than I paid at MB Glasgow.

On E-bay someone wants £180 for an original MB set. Ive not asked my local dealer yet.

£49 is for the set of 2

On E-bay someone wants £180 for an original MB set. Ive not asked my local dealer yet.

£49 is for the set of 2
The link very clearly says in huge text £49 each ?

Derek it is £49 for one pair, gets cheaper for more pairs

I ordered up the set from Octoclassic website (not sure if they sell of e-bay anymore?)

They looked fine to me, a very slight shade of colour difference to the originals when in my hand (if they are the orignals I have fitted) but, when fitted up on the frame they actually matched the trim better. There isnt any metal sleeve in the screw hole, not sure that that helps anyway.
I did the screws up firm, but not over tight so as not to stress the plastic any more than needed. Might try and find/make some rubber washers to cushion them also.

Guess only time will tell, but if they go 10 years that'll do me.

I ordered up the set from Octoclassic website (not sure if they sell of e-bay anymore?)

They looked fine to me, a very slight shade of colour difference to the originals when in my hand (if they are the orignals I have fitted) but, when fitted up on the frame they actually matched the trim better. There isnt any metal sleeve in the screw hole, not sure that that helps anyway.
I did the screws up firm, but not over tight so as not to stress the plastic any more than needed. Might try and find/make some rubber washers to cushion them also.

Guess only time will tell, but if they go 10 years that'll do me.

Hi @Pcn1 any chance to have photo how they fit?
Cheers

Hi there, I recently purchased a set of R129 Sun Visor Trim Caps from To[p Classic parts in the US. I can't really recommend them, they are Laser Printed versions and are ok and sort of match like the originals but the quality is not the same and one snapped on fitting. I have been told that the ones from Classic Trim Parts in the US are of better quality and I have ordered a set. Original items seem very hard to come by. I will update on the quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom