R129 Wind Deflector Carpet cover in Light Grey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IMD

Car
1997 SL500
Hi all,

I was just outbid on Ebay for the above item. I didn't want the wind deflector itself, just the carpet cover that fits in the boot to cover it when not used.

I popped into a main dealer the other day and all they could find on their system was the black plastic case thing, that some deflectors fit into?

I wonder if anyone has one of the carpet covers for sale in light grey (Orion Grey?) or if you know what the part number is, so I can ask again at the dealer.

Thanks

Ian

Well you've got the part number in the thread I linked to above, so they should be able to work it out from that.

I do find it annoying that people sell cars without these bits (mine didn't even have the deflector).

Mine didn't have it either! Or the original Split Rims that it came with! Grrr!

Mine didn't even come with a first aid kit - and that was from a main dealer as an 'approved used' car, with tier 1 warranty!

Just called my local dealer, they did a search and it's in stock from Germany..just over £70.00. Great news. One ordered and should be with me next week!

Thanks for the info Bill!

Ian

Good stuff, mine arrived in about 3 days IIRC.

Is it the hood that needs replacing, or the hard top?

It's the hood Bill. The actual fabric isn't in a bad state, but the windows are split and very badly milky. I could just replace the windows, but feel that for just over double the cost, I may as well get a brand new hood fitted by Carhood.com in Surrey.

There are quite a few threads here on R129 hood/window replacement - is that the place in Chessington?

My windows are clear enough but I've got little cracks at the edges (on the fold line). They've been there a couple of years now and have only grown a mm or so each side, but they will need doing at some point.

D Class in Woking is the other local(ish) place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom