R129 Window Drop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wibble1001

Car
sl320
I have a 1994 R129 and the drivers door window drop does not work, the passenger side works perfectly . I have tried resetting the window, but fear its something else. I assume the most likely solution would be to replace the window motor itself? Any suggestions welcome

Could be something as simple as the door switch - does the courtesy light work on that side? If the window works on the rocker switch then it's not the motor.

Hi ...yeah the courtesy lights works OK ....everything seems to work apart from the window drop .... I believe the motor has some sensors (?) could these need to be replaced

My passenger side window is currently in the slightly dropped position and stuck there. Doesn’t stop any further when you open the door but also doesn’t go back up when you close it, so have a constant few mm gap, which I’m worried will start to let water in. Any ideas on how to fix? It makes an awful juddering noise if I press the window up button. I’m worried that if I try to lower it, that it might not come back up

*doesn't drop any further

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom