R129 windscreen wiper blade replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SLBrighton

Car
R129 SL500
Hi everyone,

I need to replace my windscreen wiper blade on my R129. I have read a few posts saying that the recommended Bosch replacement sold at Halfords does not fit properly. I checked the store today and indeed, the same part number that had been discussed came up on their system. Some say it doesn't work effectively on the curved screen.

Can anyone recommend a blade that I can buy and where to buy it.

Thanks

Just go to the main dealer. It's not that much more than buying Bosch from Hellfrauds (IIRC I paid about £25-30 for my last one) and it's guaranteed to fit and work properly.

I just got a pair of merc blades from Newcastle mercedes on ebay £37 delivered, i have tried bosh on an e class and they were never any good and just taken bosh off this car as the didn't wipe perfect, just buy the merc and see where you are going.

I bought a Bosch wiper from EuroCar Parts. A bit of research online suggested that the model SP24MB fits perfectly, whereas the suggested Bosch model at Halfords is flat and doesn't fit. All you have to do it take the middle clip off and turn it around, so the blade sits the other way around. The way it comes packaged means that it's too long and is wider than the screen. Turned around is a perfect fit for the curved screen and only £16.99. They even offered a 40% discount on the web, so it was just over £10! Clears the screen perfectly now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom