R129 wings supply

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benz.R.Bezt

Car
sl500 sl320
Can anyone advise of a supply for r129 wings. Without taking out a mortgage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I just got a price from my main dealer of £293.40 + VAT each with an offer of 10% discount (which I can probably better) which given people are asking up to £180 for used ones which are likely to already have rust at the lower mounting points if nowhere else, I didn't think was too bad.

Obviously you've got fitting and painting but I plan to get mine protected as best as possible when I do mine so that I know they'll last hopefully a few years. :)

Reactions: 219
I just got a price from my main dealer of £293.40 + VAT each with an offer of 10% discount (which I can probably better) which given people are asking up to £180 for used ones which are likely to already have rust at the lower mounting points if nowhere else, I didn't think was too bad.

Obviously you've got fitting and painting but I plan to get mine protected as best as possible when I do mine so that I know they'll last hopefully a few years. :)

A bit of an old thread but just a quick update, I talked the nice man at my local dealers into giving me 17.5% discount on a pair of new front wings and they are now adorning my car.
https://goo.gl/photos/wf3X2kgWx9iGvjSh8
:D

A bit of an old thread but just a quick update, I talked the nice man at my local dealers into giving me 17.5% discount on a pair of new front wings and they are now adorning my car.
https://goo.gl/photos/wf3X2kgWx9iGvjSh8
:D
Hi, sorry I know this is an old thread but which Mercedes dealer quoted you this price as I need a new drivers side wing for my SL R129 and I was quoted £506+Vat for one Wing only. Thank you

Hi, sorry I know this is an old thread but which Mercedes dealer quoted you this price as I need a new drivers side wing for my SL R129 and I was quoted £506+Vat for one Wing only. Thank you

It doesn't matter, they won't quote you that now. Mercedes have doubled the price for this part in the last 3 years.

Benz dont worry Well we have one in every dozen .
By the way Doodle can you tell us the morale of your post ?
If i found one in mint condition to fit mt W124 thats 31 years old i am sure its possible to find one for a much newer car .

124 production numbers are about 12 times higher than 129, and the relative value means that 129s are perhaps less likely to end up in the breakers. They also rust prolifically in front of the wheelarch.

As a result, good condition used 129 wings are like rocking horse poop (although like buses coming along at once, there's several now on German eBay that have been added recently - I stopped looking earlier this year after securing a pair). To be able to find the right side and colour from a pool that size that didn't need *any* work would be exceptionally lucky indeed. You might stand better odds in dryer countries where the corrosion is not such a problem, but then you have the logistics of shipping them economically and without the couriers wrecking them in transit.

Last edited:
This one arrived from Lithuania yesterdayfor euro 200 with some other r129 parts. Shipped via DPD and packaged with lots of cardboard and black shrink wrap. No damage. It is the wrong colour but completely rust free. Very rare find 6FD0E7F6-9F29-4F39-B691-8BC33BCC483C.jpeg

R129 mine Like i said it is possible to find these wings . Well find anything you need with a little searching .If it was not ,,then we might as well scrap them after parts become NLA .. I can see 4 x W129 front wings on ebay right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom