R129 Wings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carson218

Car
R129, Porsche 986, CL215
Hi,

any recommendations of where to get front wings for a 2000 R129? Tried at the stealership, but no longer available.

Thanks,
Nicky

Nobody else seems to make them I'm afraid, and at the price the dealers want (approaching £700 a side last time I checked), they are now firmly in "repair" territory.

They're probably closed at the moment but Mercedes Poole are (or certainly used to be) a classic parts dealer. May not be the cheapest option tnough :)

If you can figure out a way to get them from Texas, I have a rust free pair.

Hi,

any recommendations of where to get front wings for a 2000 R129? Tried at the stealership, but no longer available.

Thanks,
Nicky
Carl Burgess r129.co.uk

Nobody else seems to make them I'm afraid, and at the price the dealers want (approaching £700 a side last time I checked), they are now firmly in "repair" territory.
Plenty of pattern ones on eBay at around £90 each ; but good used ones from Carl Burgess would be my choice .

Like many repairs on older MERCEDES perhaps your repair choice [ MB new /pattern new /recovered-used /original-repaired ] should be financially commensurate with the condition of the rest of the car. Putting new expensive pukka MB replacements on a car which is also urgently in need of attention elsewhere [ body or mechanical] might not be the best move?

Plenty of pattern ones on eBay at around £90 each ; but good used ones from Carl Burgess would be my choice .

Got any links Derek? I can see plenty for 124s but nothing for the SL.

I can't find pattern front wings for Sue's R171 - and any used are normally rusty too (at the leading edge - known issue?) And I can't find anybody anymore who fixes metal panels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom