R129 wiring loom part number

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
My '94 R129 SL500 needs a new engine wiring loom (no surprise...). The VIN is WDB1290672F103359. I planned to get it refurbished by Si-Leck in New Romney (half the price of MB for a new one). It's a (very) long story, but I'm beginning to suspect that the (poor condition) engine wiring loom off the car has (not by Si-Leck) been mislaid...

There's one in Germany off a '94; the part number given is 1295409605, with a 'plug number' of 005452581. (That second number is quoted in another ad as the MB part number, but I don't think it is; it seems to be associated with the M119.972 engine, which my car has, not the car itself).

I don't have access to the EPC; the dealer says that 1295409605 is not a Mercedes part number, and of course, is unwilling to give me the correct, current, part number, of which there are apparently two in stock.

Can anyone give me the current part number, and any info on the other two numbers?

Please help (he said hopefully).

Last edited:
Thank you, but could you give a little more detail; are they the original and the current part numbers for the engine loom matching the VIN, or if not, what exactly are they?

Thank you, but could you give a little more detail; are they the original and the current part numbers for the engine loom matching the VIN, or if not, what exactly are they?

These are part numbers for the engine harness, from EPC, using your VIN.

Thanks for that, but are you sure? I ask because I've got the same query in General Discussion, and from what is on there, including a photo of the EPC, it looks as though A1295401706 is the one I need. Could you look that part up, and see what comes up? What year version of the EPC do you have? Could it be that that is the current part no, and the other two are superceded part numbers?

I looked up that part #A1295401706, and came up with the same:

Attachments

• snip3.jpg
    snip3.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 8
Epc I am using is:EWA version: 1.21.228.1
Access Gateway Version: 1.21.228.0
EPC version: 2.0.1.1
WIS/ASRA version: 3.9.10.2

Thank you for all that. I think I'm getting there; I'll just respond to the thread in General Discussion from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom