R16's on B180 Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stillafb

Car
B Class sport 2014
I would like to put 16" steel rims and Michelin Cross Climate 205 x 60 's in place of the 18" wheels on my wife's 2014 Sport but am getting conflicting information as to whether these rims will foul the brake calipers. The roads here are appalling and also I hate the way she scuffs the alloys on kerbs when parking. I intend getting Konsprinz ME 516025 rims and I guess the safest way to play this would be to ask for one rim initially to be sure it fits. Please any opinions on this. I admit that we should not have bought the Sport, wrong wheels for here and not enough ground clearance.

Have a look in your handbook, it should tell you the alternatives to what you have. My W245 can run on 16, 17 and 18 inch, it even lists 15" on the fuel filler cap.

Thanks Geoff, I did check the owner's handbook which flagged up that 15" could not be used with the Sport model but nothing flagged up for the 16". It was the dealer you said 16" would not fit. My local garage suggests I should call in at the dealer' workshop and ask them to try a 16" rim but I don't have the brass neck for this as I don't intend to buy the tyres and rims from them anyway. Stillafb
Past cars Alvis TC21-100, Lancia Gamma and Austins and Rovers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom