R170 no roof or central locking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fester001

Car
slk 230 r170
Hi newbie to this site, I hope this is the correct place for my query. I have a 98 R170 SLK 230 with just over 100K.
All winter the roof has obviously not been used. Then a couple of weeks ago we came to put the roof down and it was fine no issues what so ever. A (wet) week or two go by and we go shopping to find the central locking has packed up, Finally get into the car then we try to put the roof down, all four windows go down, then nothing! It doesnt make any attempt at the next stage (boot opening). No noise or anything. Can these two things be interlinked or are they coincidentally separate? I have read the horror stories of the PSE module in the boot and yes the foam was waterlogged and is now drying out. I have removed the module, opened it up and everything looked good no sign of water ingress, could this still be a problem part? could the motor in it have just packed up as it is 20 years old if so can it be replaced and where to locate one?
I have checked all the fuses in the boot they are all intact.
The keyfob seems to be working as pressing the buttons makes the car think it is locking and locking it without actually doing it ( lights blink etc).
Any help in sorting this pain in the **** out will be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Simon

Did you solve the problem? My. CLK230 is the same. No c/l and roof not working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom