R171 Centre Storage Compartment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

red mist

Car
SLK 55 AMG + ML250 Bluetec
The centre storage compartment refuses to open either sideways or forwards. :mad:

I have tried banging the back end with my fist and wriggling it about but it still wont open. :wallbash: The previous owner has had this replaced once because of sticking. It is obviously a poor design but I need to open it as my Ipod is in there. Anyone got a clues how to prise it open?

Taa

Do you mean the centre armrest compartment, or the vertical one between and just behind the seats?

If it's the former, then it could be a problem with the car's locking system as that compartment is locked when you lock the doors.

In that case, it hinges from its back edge and opens up from the front - or at least it does on the facelift model, and I thought the earlier ones were the same :dk:

Daft question, but are you tugging at the right end?

Yes - It did use to open OK in both directions. It's just jammed shut now and I can see how to open it without breaking something. :confused:

OK, understood. If it "used to open OK in both directions" it isn't like the one on the facelift model which only lifts up from the front. In that case, I dunno... :(

I'll bet this is a 2007 cubanite with black interior.. I test drove it and nearly bust my fingers trying to get that flap open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom