r171 front anti-roll bar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter T

Car
SL 350, BMW540i, Toyota Hilux, Fiesta XR2
I noticed today that the front anti-roll bar on my SLK has an extra, unused hole at each end, which looks like a drop link fixing hole.

Assuming this is correct, moving the drop links to the currently unused holes would shorten the ends of the a/r bar, making it stiffer.

So, my question is, am I right about the holes being alternate drop link mounts and, if so, does anyone know how their use changes the handling?

Thanks in anticipation,

Just noticed that the words "front anti-roll bar" contain a link to an ebay auction.

I did not enter this link and it has nothing to do with me.

If someone can tell me how to get rid of if I'd be happy to do so.

I noticed today that the front anti-roll bar on my SLK has an extra, unused hole at each end, which looks like a drop link fixing hole.

Assuming this is correct, moving the drop links to the currently unused holes would shorten the ends of the a/r bar, making it stiffer.

So, my question is, am I right about the holes being alternate drop link mounts and, if so, does anyone know how their use changes the handling?

Thanks in anticipation,

Hi

whitelinereararbadjustr.gif

A stiffer front anti roll bar will reduce body roll but will also create Understeering. you wont feel the understeering in public road legal speeds but you will feel it at track speeds or other spirited driving.

It will need fine balance between front and rear anti roll bars

Here's a track day quick guide (not brilliant quality)

31102012120930updated.jpg

mazza

Thanks for that.

I guess I'll try out the alternative setting and see what happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom