R171 keeps going into limp mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmymidnight

Car
W221 S350L
good evening, my mother picked up a 2007 SLK280 last week and it drove fine for the first few days, but after about 4 days sitting and then a good wash, it has put the gearbox in limp mode...

anyone know why this might be happening? car only has 40k on the clock.

Thanks

I would be very surprised if just a good wash did this ........... unless she used a pressure washer and did under the bonnet as well! I would take it back to the dealer and get it done under warranty.

Yeah, sorry, i really didn't think that the car wash would have effected it, it was just that was the first time it had been driven in a few days.

It started up and drove fine this morning, but then locked itself in limp mode again after about an hour... Im assuming its a sensor issue, but its going to Mercedes under the warranty next week to get sorted!

Try contacting the previous owner, some of them will talk to you. Most do not get rid of a nice car because they are bored with it ( some do ) but usually because there is a fault and they see ££££ signs ........ I have had two, and one got outside the warranty before the faults got sorted. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom