R171 Parktronic fault?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Taipan

Car
2015 e220 A207
Hi All,

I recently bought an 07 SLk200. When i got home and went to park it, noticed I had the 2 outer red LEDs lit on the front and rear displays and the parktronic wasn't working.

Spent some time trawling the net to find out its very common and could be anything from the parktronic ECU, or loom or individual sensor(s). I need to get it scanned to find out. Decided to buy a iCarsoft MB2 which arrived today. So I've been out and scanned it after reading this page and watched the video; Troubleshooting Mercedes Parking Sensor Parktronic Problem, Cost, DIY Replacement It advises clearing all faults as they are historic and then see what, if any, return, so I did.

Now the front sensors seem to be sort of working, but still no back ones. The displays now have 2 amber lights on, but also resort to the 4 red dots on occasion? Are the 2 amber lights on each display how its meant to be? I re-scanned it and it says the parking system has a fault, but has no error codes stored??? It does say all sensors are now working over a distance of 255cm. I'm kind of miffed that it says everything is working but the rear sensors aren't?? So I guess its going to be a case of using the car for a while and see how things go and then scan it until I get a new stored code? Anyone else had this problem or can throw some light on why the rears aren't working but i have no faults stored?

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom