R171 - Seat Occupancy Mat Connections

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, Cooper S, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
I'm trying to fit a passenger seat occupancy mat bypass to my 2005 SLK, but it stubbornly refuses to work. It may be that the (brand new) bypass unit is duff, but just in case I have inadvertently mixed up the connections in the wiring plug, could somebody with access to the wiring diagrams be so kind as to tell me the colours of the wires to which the red, white and brown wires from the mat actually connect? Please help; that there electrickery is not my forte...

Do you have diagnose software to reset fault codes (it might need that before it starts working)?

I have an iCarsoft MB2, and I can clear the codes (9040 and 902D). The problem with the bypass unit, though, is that the LED that should come on and flicker when it's live never does so, though at night I can just make out a faint blue glow inside it.

I bought another bypass unit; both were Shenzhen Specials, with the only difference being the company name on them. Neither worked. The seat occupancy mats cannot be bought separately; they come only with the seat cushion, at over £1000 a pop :oops:. HOW much? Must be that AMG factor again...

I just had the circuit coded out completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom