R172 Passenger Seat Mat Pressure Sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wongl

MB Enthusiast
Car
A180CDI, B200d, C300h, SLK250
I got the dreaded warning message that there is a fault on the passenger air bag system. iCarsoft scanner reported a fault code of B275296 - The seat occupied recognition of the sensor mat 'Front passenger' has a malfunction. There is an internal component fault.

I can clear this code, but as soon as I start the car, the fault code returns. Does anyone know that part number for the passenger pressure mat/sensor, and does anyone knows if the pressure mat from another model will fit the R172?

I got the dreaded warning message that there is a fault on the passenger air bag system. iCarsoft scanner reported a fault code of B275296 - The seat occupied recognition of the sensor mat 'Front passenger' has a malfunction. There is an internal component fault.

I can clear this code, but as soon as I start the car, the fault code returns. Does anyone know that part number for the passenger pressure mat/sensor, and does anyone knows if the pressure mat from another model will fit the R172?
Mate did you solve this problem?

If you need a new Front Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor as well, post your VIN and someone will confirm the part number.

It's a very common fault and usuly a stock item at the dealers.

Yes, I ended up replacing the passenger seat sensor using a genuine MB part purchased from an MB dealer selling on eBay. You can see some of the aftermath issues I had with clearing the flashing SRS after successfully installing the new seat sensor here:-

Hey Wongl,

Fellow British/Canto here. I have the same R172 and i’ve just ran the diagnostics and its come back with B275296.

Are you able to point me in the right direction on how to get this fixed? I will probably get the part from the MB dealership near my address but I have no clue on how to replace the actual sensor.

Cheers, Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom