R172 SLK Headlight cut off distance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vinegg

Car
SLK 250 CD AMG
Hi all, I have recently bought my first SLK 250 CD AMG and I am loving the car. One thing I have noticed is that the distance I can see on dipped headlights seems to be very short such that it feels dangerous, not good on an open, sweeping country road. I have adjusted the load levelling to be at their highest so I am wondering whether this is correct for the car, relates to the driving position or they are just set too low and I need to take them in for adjustment? Cheers, Kevin

I owned (until recently) a SLC 250d -same car really. Dipped halogen headlights were appalling. Tried superbright 55w halogen Phlips bulbs but little difference. Then fitted 20/20 LED bulbs. Like night and day. However they are not CE certified and therefore technically not for road use. A real shame as the performance was superb. No dazzling of other road users and terrific lighting.

I owned (until recently) a SLC 250d -same car really. Dipped halogen headlights were appalling. Tried superbright 55w halogen Phlips bulbs but little difference. Then fitted 20/20 LED bulbs. Like night and day. However they are not CE certified and therefore technically not for road use. A real shame as the performance was superb. No dazzling of other road users and terrific lighting.
Yeah right no dazzling, dream on............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Don’t know if you’ve used the same brand in your car. Guess it would be hard to know whether they do or don’t dazzle if you haven’t. I found walking away about a 100 meters at night was a good way to check for dazzle. No flashes from other motorists in 2 years was also a good indicator - for me at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom