R172 trickle charger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leef44

Car
SLK 55 AMG, Suzuki Vitara
I have a CTEK trickle charger and looking to get an adapter pre-installed on the battery for easy connection. Has anyone done this?

I'm looking to get the eyelet connectors attached to the battery and the other end just sticking out the rubber grommet.

This is to avoid having to take the water drain tray out every time I connect up.

I have mine connected like this 5 min job.

** my CTEK charger came with the adapter.

I have just installed the comfort panel into the boot tray of my car. Now I can plug and charge without needing to unlock the car, remove all the stuff to access the battery, etc...

So go for it.

I have just installed the comfort panel into the boot tray of my car. Now I can plug and charge without needing to unlock the car, remove all the stuff to access the battery, etc...

So go for it.

What size eyelet did you use? How did you install to allow access without unlocking?

Made the same mistake myself, had to modify it to get it to connect properly.

Dec

Went mad today and ordered the mxs7 with 3 comfort connectors, extension and 12v socket so I can use the supply feature.

What size eyelet did you use? How did you install to allow access without unlocking?

I used the original eyelet that came with the comfort panel. All I did was cut a slot into the eyelet so that I could slide it in between the battery clamp nut as the nut was not going to come out, I used a pair of wire cutters to do that (very soft metal anyway).

The comfort panel is located just to the side of the boot tray (no I do not have the space saver wheel option). It was installed in the near side rear of the big black plastic boot tray, I had to cut a square hole for the panel to click into place.

Once that was done, I put the boot tray back in its place and closed up. All I have to do now is to reach underneath from the back of the car, pop out the rubber cap and plug the charger in. In addition, I can now monitor the battery condition via the CTEK traffic light system (red, yellow and green) as an added extra.

I will get some pictures over the weekend for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom