R2 Clocks 100,000 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
R2 has seen my car and agrees is not too bad at all for nearly 10 years old. Minor wheel arch stuff to deal with but otherwise seems ok for now.

Indeed it seems very minor. Here's to many happy years of motoring yet!

Considering the price I paid, the specification that the car came with and the value now it doesn't seem too bad at all over 3 years of ownership.

Now on 297K on my '07 E 220cdi, will hit 300k in a couple of weeks. All original except 2 new rear springs after hitting a pothole just after Xmas.

Last edited:
Hit the 300k mark today as I parked on the driveway. :bannana:

my 2005 C180K hit 158,000 miles over the weekend, no issues and nice to see the 4pot petrols holding out very well.

my 2005 C180K hit 158,000 miles over the weekend, no issues and nice to see the 4pot petrols holding out very well.

Thats nice to know:) What bits have you changed or have failed so far?

Mine needs a new ignition switch and something to stop the front offisde creaking a lot!

Thats nice to know:) What bits have you changed or have failed so far?

Thats the best bit, absaloutley nothing apart from normal service items such as tyres, breaks, discs and a couple of bushes etc. Had it serviced 1000 miles ago and it got a clean bill of health. Its still on its original exthaust, clutch, springs and shock absorbers and still going strong :eek:

Thats the best bit, absaloutley nothing apart from normal service items such as tyres, breaks, discs and a couple of bushes etc. Had it serviced 1000 miles ago and it got a clean bill of health. Its still on its original exthaust, clutch, springs and shock absorbers and still going strong :eek:

Thats excellent news. I did change my shocks at 80k because I always do! It has marginally improved the ride and handling but my mechanic said that they didn't "need" done. Otherwise its been tyres, brakes, poly belt, and £9 breather hose under the airbox (Grrr). No breakdowns or did not starts at all!!

Yeah I had the poly belt done as well but its just amazing that nothing else has needed doing. I dont know if its a case there just better built 2004 onwards as I have a friend with a 2003 C180k and he seems to be having no end of problems :dk:

Yeah I had the poly belt done as well but its just amazing that nothing else has needed doing. I dont know if its a case there just better built 2004 onwards as I have a friend with a 2003 C180k and he seems to be having no end of problems :dk:

I think the facelift was key. Post facelift cars are galvanised and so rust less, and they also had the front suspension sorted out plus better electrics. the post facelift cars moved to MOST ie fibre optics which seems to have helped as well.

I think the facelift was key. Post facelift cars are galvanised and so rust less, and they also had the front suspension sorted out plus better electrics. the post facelift cars moved to MOST ie fibre optics which seems to have helped as well.

Lol - wish I had known that before buying my pre - facelift one!:confused:

Is this sad?

Very but totally understandable if you want to know where your ££££'S go to.

Can't see if it says how many tyres you purchased on each occassion though - aaagh! :doh:

Sorry mike 4,4,4,2! The front set og Kumhos bought March 2010 have 22k on them and are still going strong-the rears didn't last as long;)

Sorry mike 4,4,4,2! The front set og Kumhos bought March 2010 have 22k on them and are still going strong-the rears didn't last as long;)

No need to apologise at all - an interesting spread sheet;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom