R2 Clocks 100,000 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
R2 clocked 100,000 miles last night and still looks like new and goes like new (maybe even better!). This car is the best I have ever owned:bannana:

Last edited:
Ours will soon clock over 130,000 (when on holiday)

Goes better now than when new (could be the Brabus box though...)

car1.jpg

Another beautiful car! I was quite nervous of keeping any car this long but i can't really see the point in changing when it is doing so well. Well done on your 130k:)

^ Thats why my dad kept the E class since picking it up in Germany until a few months ago when I bought it off him.

It does EVERYthing so well, he was so hoping the new estate would be the one he wanted but.....it just doesn't.

So he is now waiting for the CLS estate that should be out at the Frankfurt motorshow.

^ Thats why my dad kept the E class since picking it up in Germany until a few months ago when I bought it off him.

It does EVERYthing so well, he was so hoping the new estate would be the one he wanted but.....it just doesn't.

So he is now waiting for the CLS estate that should be out at the Frankfurt motorshow.
It's nice that you've kept it in the family:)

147k and Counting!

Rust gone, 3 year oil leak finally fixed, W210 Wing Mirrors fitted, Eagle sh!t on front bumper :(

IMG_20110728_202743.jpg

R2 clocked 100,000 miles last night and still looks like new and goes like new (maybe even better!). This car is the best I have ever owned:bannana:

Well done. Bet you are glad you did not change it now.

Do you have you next milage target in mind say 150K?

Only getting better.. 106k miles young ;)

a886a690.jpg

How's about 132,000 miles?

Not looking too shabby, is she?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting the impression that I shouldn't be too scared of the big 100k!

100k miles is nowt to a Mercedes, especially a diesel. Come back when it has clocked 400k+ ;)

A certain indie on the "dark side" posted about a W210 Taxi that they maintained. It was a petrol converted to LPG, the bottom end started knocking at just over 600k. The replacement engine that was sourced had 160k on it!

There is a fleet of W210's near me all with 300k-450k on the clocks.

Mine is a wee bairn @ 105k. These Mercs do handle the miles with grace and like a single malt seem to get better with age.

Some fools are put of with the stigma of having a car with over 100k on the clock and seem to think it will go bang when it turns. Then there is us in "the know".

By my reckoning that is 4 W203s all over 100k. Mine, whitenemesis, Mike Walker, and Silver Star:)

R2 has seen my car and agrees is not too bad at all for nearly 10 years old. Minor wheel arch stuff to deal with but otherwise seems ok for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom