R230 350 remote key

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Denis O

Car
SL350 R230
I've just got home from a 6 month trip and the SL has been sitting in the garage, connected to a C-Tek. Started fine and apart from the drivers side window, not going the last 1/2 inch on closing the door, all was fine. That sorted itself out after a few hours so all good.

Then, after working perfectly, the remote wouldn't actuate the central locking. It would un-lock but not lock. I swapped to the spare remote and that's fine on both lock and un-lock.

I changed the batteries in both remotes about 6 months ago so it shouldn't be them.

Any ideas folks, would be appreciated.

The Red light on the remote fob will flash briefly when any button is pressed, not easy to see the in bright daylight, can you see it when you lock?

Will the car lock from the central locking switch on the dash with the ignition switched on?

Do you see a blue/white light when the end of the remote is viewed through a digital camera? Example in video below.

Dec
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It does sound like the key button has failed. Dec's advice above is a great way to find out if anything being transmitted when you press the key button
There are key repair people - a lot cheaper than a new key especially if you have Keyless Go

R

I did a test, in the airing cupboard this morning, it's dark in there, and no red flash from the lock button. The other 2 button give a single red flash after pressing. So, problem identified. Who is recommended to repair?

Interestingly, the remote that is working, doesn't flash after pressing the boot open button. Not so critical.

It will be button no 1 in picture that’s faulty.

The boot open button on the remote needs to be pressed for more than 1 second for the Red light to flash.

attachment.php

Dec

The link I posted works for me, post 4 was from Benzmanc on 22 Feb 2016 and post 10 from Jason1145 on 26 March 2016.

Agree that £31.50 seems fair for a new case repair.

How strange?????

I didn't start this thread till yesterday but you refer to threads in 2016. Something not right somewhere.

The text in bold in my post 'B Class W245 key button broken not locking' is a link to a thread with that title from last year on this forum discussing the same issue. Just put your cursor over any of the emboldened words, and you will see a little hand with pointed index finger appear, left click and you will be taken to that thread.

My bad Codger. I hadn't realised it was a link. Perhaps viewing on a tablet buggered me up.

Thanks for the info.

All sorted. Member, remote-keys, on eBay fixed it, new case and battery and turned round in 5 days. All for £31. Now working perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom