R230 Anthracite mats no longer available from MB?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jjcodex

Car
S350 W222 SL55 AMG
Hi guys

Need to get a pair of anthracite mats for my SL55 and accordingly popped into the local dealership to be told by parts dept that they are no longer made !

Does anybody know where I can get some? I have only a driver's mat as the previous owner appears to have removed the passenger side!

Thanks in advance

James

Hi guys

Need to get a pair of anthracite mats for my SL55 and accordingly popped into the local dealership to be told by parts dept that they are no longer made !

Does anybody know where I can get some? I have only a driver's mat as the previous owner appears to have removed the passenger side!

Thanks in advance

James
I was told that initially and then another chap looked up again and got some ordered. Ironically I wanted the black deep pile ones mine has not anthracite which I now have!

Interesting - step one is to push a little harder then methinks and make sure they are deffo not available - else I will try the above - thanks guys

When I bought my SL back in February, I was told that anthracite/black mats were not available. In fact, there was little stock of any mats at all from Merc. I ended up buying the last grey set they had. I did get a little discount but not a lot.

Thanks guys.

By way of an update, I sat down with the guys and asked them to look a little harder. They appear to be a diminishing quantity product but when I reminded them that the r230 shape was same until 2012 they did some cross checking and found a part number for a very dark grey (basically black) mb mat set that looks fantastic! (My car has the two tone black and dark grey interior so the black mat looks perfect against the dark grey carpet).

The pair cost about 100 which is fine by me for oem equipment and frankly the best thing is that the mate don't actually unclip every time I get in the car which the old one did!

If helpful, I will post the part number for the mats I bought?

James

One of the great things about owning an old Mercedes Benz in the past is parts availability. I could walk into the dealer and get just about anything for my 69 300SEL 6.3. I think that the reason behind MB's ability to carry so much inventory for older cars is that they had a small product offering and a long product life cycle.

Most recently, I counted 25 different new car body styles available today on the US showroom. I suspect that having to maintain such a large variation of inventory is forcing them to discontinue parts for older models. This means that Mercedes Benz cars will be disposable cars after 10 years like a Renault of Fiat, where the manufacturer will stop carrying inventory on any cars discontinued for more than 5 years and the cars will make their way to the yards for minor issues.

We're already seeing it with keys on R129 and lock barrels for W124 models which are now NLA. It's not going to get better and will ultimately hurt the brand in the long run.

Thanks guys.

By way of an update, I sat down with the guys and asked them to look a little harder. They appear to be a diminishing quantity product but when I reminded them that the r230 shape was same until 2012 they did some cross checking and found a part number for a very dark grey (basically black) mb mat set that looks fantastic! (My car has the two tone black and dark grey interior so the black mat looks perfect against the dark grey carpet).

The pair cost about 100 which is fine by me for oem equipment and frankly the best thing is that the mate don't actually unclip every time I get in the car which the old one did!

If helpful, I will post the part number for the mats I bought?

James

Hi James, I know this was a while ago, but I don't suppose you might still have access to that part number.....?

Cameron

Hi Mac

I will have a dig around and come back to you!

Hi James, I know this was a while ago, but I don't suppose you might still have access to that part number.....?

Cameron

Anyone know if R231 MB floor mats will fit an R230?
Looking for an AMG set.. R230 ones are NLA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom