R230 Boot Lock Switch Connector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stricko

Car
SL350 2004
Hi there, I've been having problems with the boot close on my SL350 and one of the problems we've found is the connector to the Lock Switch (230-820-56-10). This has a 3 pin connector, but the middle pin has snapped off and is stuck in the connector end on the loom. I've got hold of a replacement switch, but I now need to replace the connector on the loom. Any idea where I might get hold of a replacement connector or does anyone have any tips for extracting a pin.......

Connector is in parts catalogue picture with that switch. A029 545 55 28 - its the same as the CDC connector etc

The contact female-contats/ male pins are MQS

You should be able to remove the wiring from the existing connector (there is be a lock that holds all 3 female contacts in place that is part of the connector body that flicks up (and will break off if you are not careful), and then you need something sharp and pokey to depress each contact's lock as you pull on the cable) and I suspect you can remove the spring contact which will have the pin stuck in it, and then remove the pin.

You may not even need a new connector shell if you are careful with the locking section of the connector.

Richard

Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom