R230 "close boot" message but boot is closed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Silver CL55

Car
(W216) 2008 CL 500, Tanzanite blue with tan leather. (W230) 2005 SL350, Black with sand leather
Not sure where this should go so I'll try the general forum

I've just refitted the pse pump after getting it fixed, I had the same red message whilst it was removed, I assumed refitting the pump would cure it all but the red message is still there.
Boot closes correctly and the soft close feature works perfectly.

I'd guess a sensor or limit switch is not activating or is faulty. Sorry can't be more helpful. I'm sure someone else will know more

I was messing with the fuses too, forgot which one was for the pse pump, I wonder if I've left a fuse out or something?
(pump is fine btw)

Not sure where this should go so I'll try the general forum

I've just refitted the pse pump after getting it fixed, I had the same red message whilst it was removed, I assumed refitting the pump would cure it all but the red message is still there.
Boot closes correctly and the soft close feature works perfectly.

This message is often the one displayed when the pump is faulty as there is no message for 'faulty pump' so either your new pump is goosed or the car is 'remembering' the old one was goosed. I would whip it over to an Indie with STAR and see if they can 'reset' the system and see if the message goes away or if they can see some other problem.

I assume the boot is pulling down correctly when it is shut. You shut the boot and the last few mm are pulled down automatically. This is happening yes?

Yes, boot is pulling down correctly.
I some to the chap who repaired it, tested on his SL with no messages so maybe just needing reset as a few have said.

This message is often the one displayed when the pump is faulty as there is no message for 'faulty pump' so either your new pump is goosed or the car is 'remembering' the old one was goosed. I would whip it over to an Indie with STAR and see if they can 'reset' the system and see if the message goes away or if they can see some other problem.

I assume the boot is pulling down correctly when it is shut. You shut the boot and the last few mm are pulled down automatically. This is happening yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom