R230 Comand Retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aircondoc

Car
2004 R230 SL350
Hi, all
This may have been asked before, but I've searched and can't find anything. I've just bought a 2004 SL350 R230 and it just has an audio console with radio, cd changer and cassette player(!)
Can I retrofit a comand unit with satnav, aux input etc to this car without major surgery?
Thanks in advance
Eddie

Thanks for that, but I'm more of a DIY type. I was wondering is it plug and play for audio. Will I need to fit a GPS aerial etc.
Eddie

Yes you can fit it quite easily. Yes you need a GPS antenna (put it on top of the instrument cluster under the binnacle) and you need a little wiring adapter too, and an AUX input loom. See my website and comandonline.co.uk as others have suggested.

You should then have the instrument cluster coded to enable the navigation menu on that (and for the car's time signal to be taken from GPS)

Richard

OK gents, I'm hoping to get on with this soon. I've looked into adaptor kits for this job. Will a Kufatec 33459 adaptor change my audio to a Comand wring? I know I will need a GPS Antenna, but will the Kufatec carry all the inputs etc needed?
Thanks in advance
Eddie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom