R230 Facelift: CarPlay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scaramanga

I suspect I know this is not possible, but is there any possibility of integrating CarPlay into the COMMAND system of a facelift R230 ? It’s a 2009 car and I’m new to Benz, so not sure what the system model/revision is called.

The car has the premium sound installed (option code 810) which I guess is Harman Kardon ? Not sure if this helps or makes it difficult to add iPhone integration ? I’m assuming that Bluetooth streaming wasn’t a feature when these cars were built in 2009, and I guess no USB port either ?

I did try searching on here to find previous threads but couldn’t find anything (probably down to my poor searching skills!). Any assistance or links would be useful.

Thank you !

I suspect I know this is not possible, but is there any possibility of integrating CarPlay into the COMMAND system of a facelift R230 ? It’s a 2009 car and I’m new to Benz, so not sure what the system model/revision is called.

The car has the premium sound installed (option code 810) which I guess is Harman Kardon ? Not sure if this helps or makes it difficult to add iPhone integration ? I’m assuming that Bluetooth streaming wasn’t a feature when these cars were built in 2009, and I guess no USB port either ?

I did try searching on here to find previous threads but couldn’t find anything (probably down to my poor searching skills!). Any assistance or links would be useful.

Thank you !
Gentlemen. I have a 2007 R230 SL350 with Comand nav. etc. and a 6 CD changer. I had forgotten how clumsy and inconvenient these are compared with modern cars! Is there a simple and economic way to feed in music from a USB stick? I have seen some references here to "black boxes" costing £300++ which I could not justify given the limited time spent driving it! Any suggestions will be most gratefully received.

Thank you !
Hi Scaramanga. I think I've screwed up here with quotes from only part of another thread but do try to find
USB connection for an R230 SL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom