• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

R230 Handbrake not fully releasing

As post #39

What dis they do to the handbrake shoes and mechanism ? Is their any mention of them on the invoice ?

The handbrake , after all , is what started this thread.
😂😂😂😂🤧

Like an itch you just keep scratching.

No , just a check for sticky slide pins and sticky piston. Re your heat issue , even some light braking will cause your discs to heat up . Sticky calipers and binding brakes make the discs radiate heat you can feel and smell . 👍👍
After further investigation, side pins fine, however, they have identified a “sticky” piston on the o/s…
I was shown it being pushed in and you could hear a slight “wheezing” noise…
Problem I have with this is that the 2 rear wheels were overheating but they have only
identified one calliper problem..any thoughts ?

After further investigation, side pins fine, however, they have identified a “sticky” piston on the o/s…
I was shown it being pushed in and you could hear a slight “wheezing” noise…
Problem I have with this is that the 2 rear wheels were overheating but they have only
identified one calliper problem..any thoughts ?

Just what's for tea tonight . :-)

Heat only comes from friction . No heat , no friction.

Now going to replace the 2 callipers.
Surely it cannot be anything else 🙈
Any suggestions on where to purchase these would be appreciated.. or just as importantly where NIT to purchase them 🤷‍♂️

Any suggestions on where to purchase these would be appreciated.. or just as importantly where NIT to purchase them 🤷‍♂️
Brakes international do refurbs and an exchange for your old ones.

Looks like a popular caliper amongst the range.
Screenshot_20240912-111914.png

Brakes international.

Screenshot_20240912-133453.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom