R230 ntg1 last map update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alext

Car
mercedes sl
Hi! I have a 2005 sl with ntg1 and v12 DVD map. I know there is now the v16 but reading around they say is not compatible with r230 due to a software change. This is very strange because ntg1 is the same of all other models so I really think is a mistake but before buy and try the DVD I would like to be sure that is really compatible with the r230. Have you try this DVD in a r230? Thank you in advance for the answers! Ps my comand doesn't have età in the map display and I don't know which head unit sw version has.

Welcome to the forum Alex.

If you give these guys a call at Comand Online, they can advise all your queries regarding updating your maps in your SL.
Ask for Mark or Richard 01276 451579

This info on which version may help.

https://www.commandonline.co.uk/Comand-APS-Map-DVD-Europe-NTG1.html

Hi! I have a 2005 sl with ntg1 and v12 DVD map. I know there is now the v16 but reading around they say is not compatible with r230 due to a software change. This is very strange because ntg1 is the same of all other models so I really think is a mistake but before buy and try the DVD I would like to be sure that is really compatible with the r230. Have you try this DVD in a r230? Thank you in advance for the answers! Ps my comand doesn't have età in the map display and I don't know which head unit sw version has.

Sadly there is a lot of bad information floating around about navigation disks.

The Genuine V16 will work in your car. There is a careful installation process thats all.

Check the price of the update disc with your Mb dealer, mine were cheaper than everybody else i enquired with.

Sadly there is a lot of bad information floating around about navigation disks.

The Genuine V16 will work in your car. There is a careful installation process thats all.

Thank you Alfie, I guessed it was impossible that the update was not compatible with r230...but now I wonder why they say so.....
Abuot the 'careful installation'...what do you mean? Till now I just inserted with the car running, the dvd in the boot. That's all....is it changed now? Have I to update the headunit for the v16 version? Thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom