R230 O/S mirror glass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lordlee

Car
A207 E350 CDI Brabus D6
Hi All,

I am trying to find an alternative to replacing the mirror glass as its gone all brown. Merc want £300 which strikes me as a little excessive. I've done a lot of searching and can't find that much thats helpful. In one place it mentions that the mirrors maybe shared with the R171 SLK and there are quite a few of them breaking so this maybe a good lead - anyone know how I can compare part numbers please?

TIA

Do you still want to keep the auto dimming on the drivers mirror.

I would like to but not at £300 - I just dont like it that much!! Are the ebay ones any good as they seem to have heated but non-dimming versions?

Never had any experience with the ebay ones. As a cheaper option i have fitted one from a left hand drive sl to it. As it still has the heating element but not the auto dimming

May I ask how much that came to for the glass please Andy?

The cost of the glass was about £55

Great thanks Andy - thats sounds very reasonable for glass - I wanted to keep it as OEM as possible.

I had the same problem with my SL (R230) and don't think auto dimming is worth £300. I got a perfect replacment glass from eBay for about £15 delivered. It's identical to the nearside (obviously the reverse shape) and heated too. Been on the car for two and a half years without issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom