R230 Passenger Mirror Trim Leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R230Jordan

Car
Mercedes SL350 (R230) 2008
Hey guys, hope you are all well and looking after yourselves during these uncertain times.

I joined today as I needed some help regarding a leak I have in my 2008 Pre-facelift R230.

Although the picture below doesn't show the leak, it shows the area where the leak is coming through. When it rains heavily, water starts to seep through from under that piece of fake leather trim you find on the other side of the mirror. It isn't pools of water leaking through but I don't want to leave it and it gets worse. I also don't want to have to worry about living my car in the rain (as I park on the street) for a few weeks and I come back to a damp car.

I recently bought the Mercedes rubber seal lubricant and did all of my roof seals and the rubber seal you find along the A-pillar so I think the water may be seeping through the door mirror rather than a bad door seal.

I just wondered if anyone has seen this kind of leak before and if so what would you recommend doing? I wanted to ask here first before I start pulling interior trim off or whatever. I can do very basic maintenance on my car but nothing too technical.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_5224.JPG
    IMG_5224.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Hi Welcome to the forum. I think you need to remove the triangle part to gain access to the inside of the mirror. Then examine the sealing around the mirror. I suspect that is where the water is getting in.

Thank you very much, I have some interior trim removal tools, would you recommend using those?

Thanks

Jordan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom