R230 project HELP!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have you got BUPA health insurance? They do very good psychiatric care. I am not sure it go to the extremes you require? But it would get you started on a long road to sanity.

lol! :doh: We've all been there. That mad moment when we get enticed because our veins are infused with petrol. But for me I often just manage to pull back before the deal is done and think "how many times did I say to myself I wasn't going to fall for that again!". And then there are moments when we get it all working (even if only for a glimpsing moment) and it justs feels so right!

Every time I see an R230, it does that to me...:crazy:

Sadly still no news from the indie. Has anybody done the recon on the abc pump with the £50/60 kits

lol! :doh: We've all been there. That mad moment when we get enticed because our veins are infused with petrol. But for me I often just manage to pull back before the deal is done and think "how many times did I say to myself I wasn't going to fall for that again!". And then there are moments when we get it all working (even if only for a glimpsing moment) and it justs feels so right!

Every time I see an R230, it does that to me...:crazy:

Here's a teaser for you then............

Attachments

• 2017-01-20 12.46.23.jpg
    2017-01-20 12.46.23.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 37
flowrider99 said:
Here's a teaser for you then............

I really like the style 3 19" amg's you have! I think they lift the age of the car, plus I love the concave rear wheel. I had them on my cls and they give it a far better stance.

Ok so....

The roof works!!!!! Good news! Apparently a few sensors just needed a clean up.

It needs a new engine fan, not the end of the world but they are £475+vat so I'll be looking into a second hand option. Part number needed: a2305000593

No further updates

Sounds like the SL55 I bought a while back! However I didn't keep it more than 2 weeks as traded it out after PCS looked at it and gave me the to do list!!

Ok so....

The roof works!!!!! Good news! Apparently a few sensors just needed a clean up.

It needs a new engine fan, not the end of the world but they are £475+vat so I'll be looking into a second hand option. Part number needed: a2305000593

No further updates

Give Dronsfields a call with a shopping list. I have used them for many years and never once had an issue. This includes buying a complete engine (V6 C240) delivered next day, on a pallet and worked first turn of the key, + it had guaranteed mileage with warranty.

I also bought a new engine fan with controller for the same car - again no issues. I paid about 50% of their ebay listing price, after a fair bit of haggling. I could see that the engine had been on the bay for several weeks (unsold)

If they have a complete car, ask if they can give you the VIN? That can help with finding any history that you may like to have.

Good luck. Stay sane.

Sadly still no news from the indie. Has anybody done the recon on the abc pump with the £50/60 kits

I have, the hardest bit is getting the pulley off the pump, once that was off it was easy. Be aware that if your casing is cracked you can also buy a replacement now from invasion auto parts in America, their service is seriously outstanding!

m2287 said:
I have, the hardest bit is getting the pulley off the pump, once that was off it was easy. Be aware that if your casing is cracked you can also buy a replacement now from invasion auto parts in America, their service is seriously outstanding!

Very good to know! It needs to go on a star machine after to be set up doesn't it?

Very good to know! It needs to go on a star machine after to be set up doesn't it?

In an ideal world you should flush the fluid and do a rodeo after but technically you don't need to plug it in, once it's replaced just Fill the reservoir up, raise and lower the car 20 times to flush the fluid through and that's it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom