R230 rear driver side access panel.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jeff666

Car
Black SL55
Greetings!

I'm after a small favour... when my SL was repaired the paint shop managed to lose the quadrant that covers the access to replace the bulbs in the rear light cluster...

I'm having a little trouble with breakers etc to explain the piece in question.

So anyone fancy popping theirs off and posting an image???

Thanks Jeff :)

Greetings!

I'm after a small favour... when my SL was repaired the paint shop managed to lose the quadrant that covers the access to replace the bulbs in the rear light cluster...

I'm having a little trouble with breakers etc to explain the piece in question.

So anyone fancy popping theirs off and posting an image???

Thanks Jeff :)

I'll have a go when it stops raining, Jeff.

Last edited:
Ah......access to my car is not rain effected.

Mic

PS Upside down photographs have become an irritant.......is this the Apple effect?

They are about £7 (possibly less) from MB dealer. They are different on left and right and very obvious in the electronics parts catalogue.

R

Part numbers are 2306930242 and 2306930142 and as Richard said both are around £7 each new!

The piece supplied is 2306930242... it doesn't fit properly and is about 2 inches too short in height to cover the whole gap.

Jeff.

The piece supplied is 2306930242... it doesn't fit properly and is about 2 inches too short in height to cover the whole gap.

Jeff.

What year is your car? Is it a late one?

Post up a pic of the aperture in the boot as I replaced mine and these parts fitted.

no laughing... strangely if you put it in the the right way round it fits :doh: :fail

In my defence I wasn't there when they took it out!!! Right that's my senior moment over for the weekend.

Thanks both. ;)

no laughing... strangely if you put it in the the right way round it fits :doh: :fail

In my defence I wasn't there when they took it out!!! Right that's my senior moment over for the weekend.

Thanks both. ;)

Blame my upside down photographs.

Mic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom