r230 sl replace command with modern system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evansash

Car
r230 55 AMG & r107 300
My 2003 r230 has command 2 with bose and i want to replace it with a modern system with bluetooth etc. Any suggestions and whether the cabling can link to the bose upgrade and whether steering wheel buttons will work?

My 2003 r230 has command 2 with bose and i want to replace it with a modern system with bluetooth etc. Any suggestions and whether the cabling can link to the bose upgrade and whether steering wheel buttons will work?

We have done a number of these conversions. Its not straight forward though.

There isnt a fascia adapter available for your car so the existing trim needs to be very carefully cut and the 2005 onwards fascia used. Also you will need to replace the Bose amp with an aftermarket one, such as a JL or Cerwin Vega. As for a different headunit then there is a wide choice. We offer Alpine as they are the most reliable aftermarket units around. feature rich and competitively priced (we are an Alpine Excellent Partner). You will also need a number of RCA cables and an amplifier fitting kit. The good news is that your Bose speakers are more than capable of being driven by an aftermarket amplifier. The steering wheel can be integrated with a suitable canbus adapter.

We allow two full days in the workshop for these jobs.

Hi iv got command 2 on 03 sl
Iv got a Bluetooth lead that plugs in the back aux you need power the Bluetooth on ignition. Were best place get the power feed? What amp fuse for bluetooth it was thinking 10amp or 5amp? Do you have too take the centre console out get screws on headunit?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom