R230 SL Trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JRH30

Car
SL55 AMG
Looking to get the interior trim from my SL55 wrapped as really think the current AMG Aluminium trim dates it. Am considering either piano black or carbon fibre. Would appreciate any opinions or pics. Current interior is Black/Anthracite.

We have the piano black trim but it has the grey 'streaks/grain' effect. It looks good but don't ask me to photograph it because a. I'm rubbish at photography and b. I haven't yet seen a decent picture of said trim that does it any justice. Would be better scouring MB literature online or wait for a camera wizard!

Not from our car but the same

Attachments

• 2013-Mercedes-Benz-SL-15.jpg
    2013-Mercedes-Benz-SL-15.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
No no no. Don't do a Wrap. Get the parts Hydro Graphic coated. Lots of companies offering this service. Some members (Alx) have shown how good this is. Search the forum and you will find the pictures from his CL.

I have Piano Black in the S-Class looks great.

Just get them painted piano black, why do a wrap?

I just wrapped the silver gear surround

I left the cluster surround (you don't have this) silver as the newer ones had black dials and silver surround

If it's same the trim I had in one I think one problem might be the texture - it was very grainy and that might reduce your options for dipping etc.

What is the trim actually made of? It is certainly not smooth which possibly makes dipping a problem. Assume wrapping would still be OK.

I'd guess it's aluminium. Wrapping too could be a problem now I think about it - you could treat it ie paint it with something that would smooth it out, but then the finish would have to be 100% to not show through a wrap.

Maybe take a look at any being broken for spares - you could even get a bit here, a bit there as all you need is the normal wood finish - grain pattern doesn't matter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom