R230 SL500 Brake Change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C270 CDI

Car
2003 R230 SL500
Evening all,
About to change my discs and pads on my R230 tomorrow and (I know it's been asked lots of times but I can't seem to find a definitive answer) wanted to check what's the best thing to do about the SBC system.
Some people say just unplug it, some say follow the procedure of spinning individual wheels after fitting new brakes which seems a lot of messing about.
What's the simple way and is there anything else I need to consider before getting on and changing all my brakes?
Cheers.

Door shut and key out of ignition, don't open the door, press the key buttons or open the door while the calipers are off.

You could just unplug the connector on pump, no biggie.

Piston might close and you'll have a hell of a job opening it again...

That's great, thanks for the answer. Couldn't do it today because it decided to rain on my day off but at least when I do get around to it I know what to do.

Hi, Hoping you can help? Wheres the best place to obtain evolution discs for my sl 55 amg please, Just joined this forum today....Cheers.

Rory welcome to the forum. Rather than jump on other threads start your own. It's always better. The threads you are jumping into are months old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom