R230 SL55 AMG front grille 2003

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John757

Car
E350CDi Coupe , Gwagen 280GE , SL55 AMG , Audi SQ5 Quattro
Can anyone tell me what the original grille looked like..3 slats or 5? On a black car was the grile silver? my one was swapped by the previous owner.. to an aftermarket one.. single slat black.. thinking of going back to OE..
this is what I have.

101523-8f3aa2ed4e0f75bd5e9d356400b3a917.png

Thoughts?

Hi J, I agree OE would look best IMHO, and I believe they had 4 slats. Nice car by the way and would look even better with the suspension at the lower height :)

Kind regards Matt :thumb:

I agree about the height.. I may fit lowering links at some point.. but worry about scraping the chin spoiler...

laurel-and-hardy-stan-laurel.gif

I agree about the height.. I may fit lowering links at some point.. but worry about scraping the chin spoiler...
It looks higher than normal. What is the height from the ground to the wheel arch measured vertically through the centre cap?

Looks like the suspension is on the raised setting

Yes the suspension is on lowest setting.
I will probably lower it about an inch.. at some stage..with lowering links.. The 18" wheels are standard, but in these days of 20+ inch wheels, look a little lost in the arches.. they do give a sublime ride quality though, so I won't be changing them any time soon. A slight drop would improve its stance I think.
I have been trawling pictures of the SL55 from 2003/4 and they all seem to sit quite high on the 18 inch wheels.
John

Just ordered a set of lowering links.. its an advantage having a button to raise the car to two more higher positions once lowered.
Does anyone know how to adjust these links.. to get a 1 inch drop all round?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom