R230 SL55 AMG Paddle shifters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

karozza

Car
SL55 AMG/C180 K
I'm curious if there are any aftermarket paddles that can be attached to the steering speed shifter buttons to make them work as paddle shifters??

I am also looking into doing the same. If you go to comand.co.uk you will find that they sell the paddle shifters as well as the module to connect them to your existing car. I assume you have an SL55 with the buttons on the back of the wheel. If not then think your best bet is to buy a wheel with the paddles and just buy the connection modle.

No that is a later steering wheel with the paddles. You can tell as it doesnt have the small up and down metal tags on the front of the wheel.

Yes, I understand that. My point being that, all that is needed is a company that just make paddles that can be attached to the paddles by a strong adhesive??

Yes, I understand that. My point being that, all that is needed is a company that just make paddles that can be attached to the paddles by a strong adhesive??

It wouldn't work reliably. The paddles are like a rocker mechanism whereas the buttons are not.

The only way to do it is to buy some paddles and remove the buttons fitting them in their place (including cutting out some of the wheel) and then use the Command online converter module to make them work.

If I find the right paddles, I'm definitely fitting a set to the buttons & see what happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom