R230 Water Sloshing Soiund

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rex911

Car
R230 SL500
Morning all, I have noticed this morning on my way to work after extremley heavy rain here in Cheshire, that there is a 'sloshing' sound comimg from behind me as if water is trapped in a cavity. The boot is completely bone dry, and after the 15 mile journey to work the noise has stopped.
The car is parked on a slight downward slope - back end first.
Anyone suffer similar?
Thanks in advance.....

Did you manage to resolve this OP? I'm contemplating an R230 and the leaking seals is my biggest concern, would be interested to know how you got on?

Hi I have the same problem and I really need to fix the problem as really don’t want my car going rusty every time I drive and break I can also ear the sloshing sound coming from the rear sounds like it’s underneath in the seals is there any how I can get this water out would be so grateful if someone as some information. Many thanks

Hi I have the same problem and I really need to fix the problem as really don’t want my car going rusty every time I drive and break I can also ear the sloshing sound coming from the rear sounds like it’s underneath in the seals is there any how I can get this water out would be so grateful if someone as some information. Many thanks
Are you sure it's not the fuel tank baffle that has become detached allowing the fuel to slosh about. Its a known issue.

A friend of mines rear drivers side window would not fully close so we removed the rear window to find that there was about 3 inches of water trapped in the bottom of the window cavity. Both drain holes were completely blocked, old coat hanger soon cleared the problem. We then decided to have a look at the passenger side & it was exactly the same. Not sure if you can access the drain holes from underneath so you don't have to remove the window which is a bit of a pain, though doing the second one was much quicker.

I finally found the drain holes there underneath the car where u jack the car up there hidden in a place u wouldn’t notice I unscrewed the screw and water just gushed out I checked the other side but no problem but finally solved the sloshed sound when driving, just need to figure out how it’s filling up like that , but thank u all for your help .

I have had the same issue with my 2014 coupe, a mechy mate looked at the plugs that run along the underneath of the sill and removed them. Some water came out, but advised to leave the sill plugs out and see how long it takes to drain.
Suspected water, rain or car wash, falls through the window seals and traps in the sills. Window seals are in good condition, but it may be between the rear and front window as it’s a pillarless car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom