R230 window drop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leemanuel

Car
350 SL
Hello all

I have an r230 SL, now I know from searching the forum that opinions are divided regarding aftermarket tints..... I hated them, but actually rather like the ones that are on the car I've just purchased.

My question is regarding the rear quarter windows, I'd noticed the tint had slightly lifted, so took the car to a well recommended tint company, who replaced bothe rear quarter windows, but they did have concerns that it may lift again, given that the windows drop when the doors are opened.

Anyhow, as they raised, rear part has lifted slightly, titters will re do FOC, but my question is.... Can I disable the auto dropping windows at all? The tint co have recommended the windows are not dropped for around 72 hours.

Any help would be most helpful.

Lee

I suspect not.......car may have to rest for a while.

Mic

I'd guess they stuck the tint only down to the internal "seal" and would have thought the only way to avoid this if it happens again is to remove the internal seal & stick the tint below that so it's not a nice straight edge right against the seal. I'd also guess that's a reasonably big job :mad:

In answer to the question, I'm with Mic here - don't think it can be disabled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom