R231 Red

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8 Animal

Car
SL63 AMG
Keeping my eye on the classifieds and I'm yet to find a red or blue one for sale.
Sounding very much like Aston Martin reserved in colour choice.
Any one spotted a none Grey/White/Black one?

V8 Animal said:
Keeping my eye on the classifieds and I'm yet to find a red or blue one for sale. Sounding very much like Aston Martin reserved in colour choice. Any one spotted a none Grey/White/Black one?

Only in the 500 and seen them ion red and blue.

All the 63's have been the three colours above.

Colour choice was very limited particularly in run out.

Hyacinth Red looked wrong for some reason, it just didn't suit the car.

There is the odd Fire Opal red one that pops up every now and again and some caravan site blue ones, but that blue is so dark it may as well be another shade of black.

It's why I paid to have ours Mystic Blue, everything else was a bit dull looking.

I love my fire opal 63.

Attachments

• image-3709764292.jpg
    image-3709764292.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 26
AndyTR said:
I love my fire opal 63.

Keep a eye open for micro blisters!

Tell me about it, rear bootlid being resprayed under warranty, rest of the car has been fine thankfully!

Hi my brother is having his c350 (red) painted at the moment by Mercedes Benz and the lacquer its so bad they are doing the whole car under warranty....

Keeping my eye on the classifieds and I'm yet to find a red or blue one for sale.
Sounding very much like Aston Martin reserved in colour choice.
Any one spotted a none Grey/White/Black one?

Are you thinking of changing yours then?

Are you thinking of changing yours then?

Only if I can find the right colour the misses ain't happy but she likes the red.
No rush but I do prefer the new model it's much plusher like the Aston and Bently.

Only if I can find the right colour the misses ain't happy but she likes the red.
No rush but I do prefer the new model it's much plusher like the Aston and Bently.

There is a very high spec r231 up North somewhere but it's matte grey, it's the only one I've seen for sale with the PP but seems to have every extra too.

When I called into MB Shrewsbury there was a red SL for sale.
Close look at it and under the showroom lights you can see small dots all over the paintwork.
Not seen bodywork like that before reaching shocking.

There is a very high spec r231 up North somewhere but it's matte grey, it's the only one I've seen for sale with the PP but seems to have every extra too.

Think this is probably the one I saw at MB Blackpool - looks very smart apart from rusty brakes, circa £60k I seem to recall.

Think this is probably the one I saw at MB Blackpool - looks very smart apart from rusty brakes, circa £60k I seem to recall.

What did you think of the matte finish? I'm not sure about it. A while ago I looked at a Harley Davidson with a mat black finish and a guy took me aside and said he owned a mat black bike and it was the biggest mistake he had ever made so not sure about it as a finish.

What did you think of the matte finish? I'm not sure about it. A while ago I looked at a Harley Davidson with a mat black finish and a guy took me aside and said he owned a mat black bike and it was the biggest mistake he had ever made so not sure about it as a finish.

Not personally a great fan of matte finishes but this one looked good. Whether it had just been professionally treated I couldn't tell but there were no inconsistencies in the (lack of) shine when I saw it. Might be different now its stood outside in the rain and snow for a couple of weeks. There is clearly a way of protecting the paint on these relatively new finishes, but I wouldn't know what they are. MB World told me that you don't treat them any different to a standard finish but maybe someone on here could tell us. Must admit I was sorely tempted and hope it sells quickly!

Not personally a great fan of matte finishes but this one looked good. Whether it had just been professionally treated I couldn't tell but there were no inconsistencies in the (lack of) shine when I saw it. Might be different now its stood outside in the rain and snow for a couple of weeks. There is clearly a way of protecting the paint on these relatively new finishes, but I wouldn't know what they are. MB World told me that you don't treat them any different to a standard finish but maybe someone on here could tell us. Must admit I was sorely tempted and hope it sells quickly!

Its the same spec as the one I drove or should I say thrashed at MB World for three hours, absolutely superb handling and performance, the acceleration is brutal and instant still not too sure about the steering though but again after a few minutes it seems fine and what felt like a bit over assisted compared to mine soon vanished.
If I were to ever buy another car I'd probably go for the exact spec. on that one.

Plus it was a 2013 with IIRC about 20k miles on the clock - the price seemed realistic which is unusual for this branch IMO.

No that's not the one I found I'll try a link.
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...clusive-nappa-driving-assistance-pack/5389690

OK I've had a bit of trouble getting to the advert but bear with me. On Pistonheads classified go to Mercedes then SLS find the rather nice Brabus SLS from a dealer in the North. Click on their stock and the very high spec matte SL is listed only one photo but the spec is gigantic
Correction the link takes you right there.

Last edited:
Thanks,
That looks awesome bit cheap though?
Can't see me getting 50k on a P/X on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom