R231 SL Facelift Offical Shots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
mercedes-benz-sl-facelift-leaked-photo.jpg

Last edited:
Loads better, thats what it should have looked like from day 1

Not much change inside.

It'll be irritating if that nice blue is available as standard after I've paid so much to have Mystic Blue on the SL400 we have arriving next month! I guess the discount we got covered it though.

The image below is pretty much what we've ordered in the current model. Mystic Blue and Porcelain. (I guess that's brilliant blue in the image below?). Mystic blue seems a little darker.

The new model is a front end face lift and not a great deal more by the looks if it. I was expecting more changes to be honest.

MERCEDES-BENZ-SL-65-AMG--R231--4556_24.jpg

Last edited:
New rear light clusters (including highlevel one), bumper, diffuser and lip spoiler around the back.

Current:
Mercedes-Benz-SL63_AMG-2013-800-47.jpg

Facelift:

Last edited:
The inside seems on the whole to have been left alone, which is a good thing, particularly the screen.

I thought the dials/binnacle would have been updated a bit. But I guess it's not a volume car so a mid life facelift externally only.

no iPad interior :)

new front has softened the car, and made it more friendly. Looks good to me.

the more subtle rear spoiler is much more elegant too

the blue looks like brilliant blue, which is much lighter than designo mystic blue, and no where near as classy.

Last edited:
I like it. There wasn't anything wrong with the old one either though.

no iPad interior :)

Pre-facelift didnt either, however it still doesnt line up with the rest of the dash (for which I expect The_Boss to complain about once again ;)

I am suprised they didnt replace the dials with a screen, compaired to its rivals its starting to look dated inside.

because SL has not sold well, MB had no budget to make any major changes .. it's such a low volume seller, comparatively speaking

no bling bits on lower bumper:

merc-sl-2015-fl-0047.jpg

I like it. There wasn't anything wrong with the old one either though.

I'm slightly relieved actually, there's nothing worse than having ordered one knowing a face lift is coming out then when it arrives you wished you'd waited!

I bought a cl500 pre facelift back in 2010, mainly because of the big discount, and I was a bit sick at first but it was only a minor facelift and very few people could notice. This is the same really, not a great deal different. Imo.

I like it.

For me I admire the steady evolution rather than revolution of Mercedes design therefore to all but the knowledgable eye it does not shout your model choice pre a facelift is out of date.

Modern car design using advanced moulding and machining techniques giving scoops, trim additions and sometimes curious angles lacks the purity of simplicity demonstrated by earlier SLs like the Pagoda.

However to my eye anyway it shows excellent evolution as the car has to develop to meet our motoring demands and driving conditions today.

changes:

9G Tronic, DYNAMIC SELECT with five transmission modes
SL400 power up 35hp, torque up 20NM
Intelligent LED headlights
"Automatic boot separator"

Active Brake Assist, known as COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS in other model series. In addition to radar-based proximity warning and braking assistance by Adaptive Brake Assist, this Active Brake Assist system carries out autonomous braking to reduce the danger of rear-end collisions. If the driver fails to act when a risk of a collision is detected, despite the warning lamp in the instrument cluster and the intermittent audible alert, the system will initiate automatic braking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom