• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

R231 / SL owners - where are you getting your wiper blades from?

Slightly off topic but i need some new blades for my S212 - i normally use Bosch Aerotwin. ECP who i normally get them from are about £40 and quite a few other places mid 30's. Then Amazon £21.38! Next day delivered with Prime. No-brainer but how do Amazon do it? 🤔

So the non-original/made in China eBay ones are £69.99 a set and MB-supplied original parts are £90-100? Doesn’t seem much of a saving tbh! :)

Slightly off topic but i need some new blades for my S212 - i normally use Bosch Aerotwin. ECP who i normally get them from are about £40 and quite a few other places mid 30's. Then Amazon £21.38! Next day delivered with Prime. No-brainer but how do Amazon do it? 🤔
Similar story.

Popped into my local Halfrauds with the intention of buying a front set and a rear for my A-Class to find that they had the front set but not a rear. At the till questioned why they were cheaper on their website than in store. Bloke said “it must be an online pricing thing”. So absent the rear wiper blade in store I decided to return home and order them online to get the modest price saving.

Then I checked the Amazon price and found I could get the front pair and a rear for about eight quid less than the price of the front pair alone at Halfrauds. No brainer. Delivered next day by Amazon.

Similar story.

Popped into my local Halfrauds with the intention of buying a front set and a rear for my A-Class to find that they had the front set but not a rear. At the till questioned why they were cheaper on their website than in store. Bloke said “it must be an online pricing thing”. So absent the rear wiper blade in store I decided to return home and order them online to get the modest price saving.

Then I checked the Amazon price and found I could get the front pair and a rear for about eight quid less than the price of the front pair alone at Halfrauds. No brainer. Delivered next day by Amazon.
I’ve also noticed Halfrauds has got markedly more expensive this year across the board. (Compared to the competition). Same with B and Q.

So the non-original/made in China eBay ones are £69.99 a set and MB-supplied original parts are £90-100? Doesn’t seem much of a saving tbh! :)
MB is at least £100. I got the China ones for £63.

MB is at least £100. I got the China ones for £63.
Fitted these today. So far works fine.

The only issue - not that serious - is that the small rectangular locking button doesn’t sit as proud as the MB unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom