R231 SL350 24 hour test drive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That looks Fab. What a great Christmas gift to yourselves.

Enjoy. Fingers crossed for a lovely dry summer.

Ant.

Weather was good today so the SL has a had a quick clean and I've snapped a few more pics with the roof up.

Rather than a picture heavy thread I've uploaded it as an album.

Congrats lovely sl.

It's the colour that makes it. Otherwise it's just another SL.

Even the dealer principal met me at the handover with our salesman, mainly because we ordered a designo colour.

Wouldn't it be nice if MB offered colours like Audi - choose pretty much what you like for £2K-£3K. There'd be some lovely looking MB's on the road.

It will look great on sunny day. If you see S8 flashing lights, it will be me. Plate easy to remember :)

At the moment SL is on top of the list for my next car, assuming it won't get some heavy face lift or new model in the meantime.

Enjoy!

Looks gorgeous - excellent combination of exterior / interior colours :thumb:

Now you just need to book a tour in continental Europe to get some "bonding" time :D

Congratulations!

It's the colour that makes it.

Wouldn't it be nice if MB offered colours like Audi - choose pretty much what you like for £2K-£3K. There'd be some lovely looking MB's on the road.

Agreed. I was horrified to see how narrow the current colour choice is on various models. Just dreary.

I've yet to see another cavansite blue E63. They're all black or white up here. It looks pretty good when it's clean.

I can't believe I missed the updated thread on Christmas Eve. That is a very handsome car, nice choice :thumb:

It will look great on sunny day. If you see S8 flashing lights, it will be me. Plate easy to remember :)

At the moment SL is on top of the list for my next car, assuming it won't get some heavy face lift or new model in the meantime.

Enjoy!

SL Facelift thread here Penelope:-

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/mercedes-news/200483-r231-sl-facelift-offical-shots.html

Probably a year or so until they reach here. I can't imagine the deals will be as good as they currently are.

So this is what you'd be looking at in 24 months.

The new looks like it's available to order on MB Germany's website but not the UK one as yet. I guess RHD slows availability to this market a little.

Yes, I just noticed I missed facelift news. In that case new SL is not on top of my list any more. I may look into nearly new in about 20-22 months.

I've just come across this thread.

Having a 2015 SL400 AMG Line in white, can I say........ I resent degrading remarks about fussy wheels and white paint, I love it it really looks the part with the black glass roof and red interior. 😛

However if I had come across this one when looking I would have snapped it up, it looks fabulous.........do you still have it? RED C220?

Having just checked, you appear to have set a trend it was in-fact available in this colour combination from 2016 :)

Last edited:
Twenty four hours you say? Sounds like a trip to the Nurburgring or a visit to trackdays.co.uk;)

I've just come across this thread.
What about this one?

What about this one?

Yes, I've already seen that one before thanks and again Hyacinth Red is a fabulous colour with the stone on the SL.

Nearly as good as White and Red combo. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom